Welcome to Harris Memorial Surgery
Flu Vaccination Programme 2020
Click here for information and news about the flu vaccination programme at Harris Memorial Surgery in 2020.
COVID-19 changes at Harris Memorial Surgery
(Updated 2nd October 2020)
With COVID-19 cases rising in our area, it is important we follow social distancing guidelines to help keep us all safe.
The following arrangement are in place:
- All GP appointments are initially over the telephone. They may be followed up by a face-to-face appointment, home visit or video consultation if appropriate.
- All people entering our surgeries need to wear face masks unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Patients should enter the surgery alone, although may be accompanied by a single carer or parent if necessary.
- We check the temperature of everyone entering our premises
- People with symptoms suspicious of active COVID-19 infection and people who should be self-isolating will not be allowed into the building
- Patients who must be seen face-to-face by a nurse or doctor but have symptoms that could be COVID-19 will be seen in our “hot zone” at Harris Memorial Surgery.
- Please come to the surgery front door to let us know you have arrived and then wait in your car or outside where indicated until called in.
With the winter coming around, we are busy improving our COVID-safe, weather-proof plan for our patients visiting our Illogan and Lanner branches. We will keep you updated.
COVID-19 limitations to hospital services
(Updated 20 November 2020)
Unfortunately access to many hospital and mental health services continues to remain limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
We entirely appreciate how frustrating it can be to be affected by these limitations, particularly if you have been waiting for an appointment since before the lock-down.
We will do our best to support you while you are waiting for your surgery or specialist care, but our power to hurry things up is limited.
Your patience and tolerance during these challenging times will be very much appreciated.
If you are a dispensing patient having trouble collecting medicines from our surgery then we may be able to deliver the medicines to your door. Please ask.
We have two surgeries, Harris Memorial Surgery in Illogan and Lanner Surgery. Our practice area is from east of Hayle, west to Mount Hawke and Perranwell and south to Leedstown and Stithians. Our team includes four regular doctors, a nurse practitioner, an eldercare matron and a team of nurses and healthcare assistants. They are supported by our practice manager Debbie Holborn and a team of experienced administrative and dispensing staff.
We offer a full general practice service and run specialist clinics for children and pregnant women, diabetes, coronary heart disease and asthma sufferers and for patients needing minor surgery. We also offer an on-site dispensing service for entitled patients at both our practices.
We aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence. We feel it is important you know who you are speaking to, so our practice staff wear a name badge and identify themselves on the telephone. This website is for both existing patients and those considering registering with us. It tells you about our services, how to access them and some general information about how our practice operates.
Summary Care Record
This practice uses the Summary Care Record. A Summary Care Record is an electronic record, which contains information about the medicines you take, allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines you have had. Having this information stored in one place makes it easier for healthcare staff to treat you in an emergency, or when your GP practice is closed.
More information on the Summary Care Record can be seen at: http://www.nhscarerecords.nhs.uk
(Site updated 26/11/2020)